Green Beans Almondine is a classic french recipe that is elevated with Jambo Superfoods CBD Olive Oil, shallots, garlic, and lemon. It is a fantastic holiday dish for this season to compliment your turkey or faux turkey perfectly! It is best served right after cooking, so plan ahead of time for when to start this side dish.
- 1 lb French green beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 shallots
- 1/4 heaping cup almonds
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Jambo Superfoods CBD Olive Oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season the water aggressively with kosher salt. It should be very salty to taste.
- Blank the green beans for 4-5 minutes. Green beans should be slightly under-cooked (squeaky between teeth).
- In a large skillet, pour Jambo Superfoods CBD Olive Oil and let heat until lightly bubbling. Add the sliced almonds and saute, stirring frequently for 2-3 minutes (golden brown).
- Reduce heat to low and add chopped shallots and garlic, saute for 2 more minutes.
- Using tongs transfer the green beans to the skillet, toss until they are generously covered in the oil.
- Add lemon juice, black pepper and salt and toss again.