POMEGRANATE FLANK STEAK WITH LEMON CBD BUTTER RICE PILAF
This decadent meal will be sure to turn your at-home holiday into something special. We’ve combined foods rich with aphrodisiacs and Jambo Superfoods CBD Butter Oil to turn up the heat and take the edge off this Valentine’s Day Meal. CBD is a more powerful antioxidant than Vitamin C and E. It more effectively interrupts free radical reactions and captures the radicals to prevent them from becoming active. This levels the activity of both oxidants and antioxidants in the body. Did you know Pomegranate has three times more antioxidants than even red wine? Drinking or eating pomegranate daily can lower cortisol levels and increase testosterone in both men and women to increase sex drive.
Relax and Enjoy some tender steak and love on Sunday!
LEMON CBD BUTTER RICE PILAF
- 2 tablespoons Jambo Superfoods CBD Butter Oil
- 1 cup onion minced (about ½ medium)
- 1 cup white rice (long grain, jasmine, or basmati)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a medium saucepan, heat CBD butter oil until shimmering. Add onions and cook until softened and translucent—about 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice and cook, stirring frequently, until rice is lightly browned—about 7–10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and lemon zest until fragrant—about 30 seconds. Add lemon juice, broth, bay leaf, and salt, and bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and cook until rice is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed—about 15–17 minutes. Remove bay leaf and fluff with a fork.
POMEGRANATE FLANK STEAK
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons Jambo Superfoods CBD Butter Oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- arils from 1 pomegranate
- 3/4 cup frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- Season both sides of the flank steak liberally with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together the CDB Butter Oil, brown sugar, and balsamic in a small bowl.
- Place flank steak in a baking dish, prick both sides of the steak with the tines of a fork, pour the marinade over top and flip the steak a few times to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours up to overnight.
- Remove steak from the refrigerator about 15 minutes before cooking.
- Let the excess marinade drip off the steak and reserve the juices.
- Preheat the oven to high broil and position the rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Place the steak on a broiler pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or longer depending on your preference.
- Remove the steak from the oven, cover with tin foil and let rest.
- Meanwhile, combine the cranberries, rosemary and remaining marinade in a small sauce pot.
- Cook over medium heat until cooked down and cranberries have popped.
- When there’s just a touch of liquid left, add the pomegranate arils, stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Slice the steak against the grain and pour the sauce over top.
Use code: cookingoil for 15% off your entire purchase of Jambo Superfoods CBD Butter Oil or CBD Olive Oil
Tag us in photos of your Valentine’s Day Meal wit